Translate

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Copenhagen City Hall - Rådhus and the Tower

 Hey, ciao,


Few days ago I took a guided tour to visit the Copenhagen City Hall (Rådhus) and the Tower, I like to go into the City Hall because it is one of my favourite place, in a normal day it is open to every one, you can go inside, have a look, sit down and read, look at the newlyweds, every day there are weddings!

TOWER TOURS

Monday-Friday 11AM & 2PM

Saturday 12PM

GUIDED TOURS

Monday-Friday 10AM & 3PM in Danish

1PM in English

Saturday 10AM in English & 11AM in Danish

The guided tour gives to us the choice to learn more of the history and some details of the building that I didn’t know, discover rooms that I’ve never seen.



The city Hall was designed by the architect Martin Nyrop and finished building in 1905.


I discovered that the Danes were very superstitious, in every room there is something made wrong/different on purpose so as not to make God angry because only he does perfect thing.


Have fun looking for them!


Going to the top of the Tower gives a wonderful view of all the city from the centre, take your time to do the 298 steps!




No comments:

Post a Comment